Article 4 & 5 – UAS in the “open” category requirements
Regulation (EU) 2019/945: Product requirements
Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945 of 12 March 2019 on unmanned aircraft systems and third-country operators of unmanned aircraft systems.
UAS intended to be operated in the ‘open’ category, and remote identification add-ons
- The products in paragraph 1 of Article 2 shall meet the requirements set out in Parts 1 to 6 of the Annex.
- UAS that are not toys within the meaning of Directive 2009/48/EC shall comply with the relevant health and safety requirements set out in Directive 2006/42/EC only about risks other than those linked to the safety of the UA flight.
- Any updates of software of the products that have already been made available on the market may be made only if such updates do not affect the product’s compliance.
Making available on the market and free movement of products
- Products shall only be made available on the market if they satisfy the requirements of this Chapter and do not endanger the health or safety of persons, animals, or property.
- The Member States shall not prohibit, restrict or impede, for the aspects covered by this Chapter, the making available on the market of products that comply with this Chapter.
Alter Technology, with more than 35 years in the aerospace sector and strong and wide expertise in the drones field, can help you solve your doubts about regulation and ensure the safety of your drone to place in the European market with the CE marking and Class Label.