We are Alter Technology
ALTER TECHNOLOGY, a member company of TÜV NORD GROUP, is the result of the consolidation, by merger or acquisition, of five european leaders in the field of electronic components engineering, procurement and testing services for space and other harsh environments .
ALTER TECHNOLOGY is a quality-driven company providing procurement, engineering, and test services for electronic components and systems, within space and harsh environment markets, where failure is not an option.
With cutting edge technological laboratories, and expert engineers in HI-REL, Alter Technology offers a wide range of services, from parts procurement to equipment testing, including radiation, packaging design, and assembly, screening, destructive physical analysis, qualification, environmental testing, failure analysis, obsolescence management, evaluation of counterfeits and many more.
Alter Technology also bets for the Drone sector. You will find a complete and dedicated site to this market; Regulation, actual news and articles, opportunities, and events offered originally for companies, professionals, and general readers interested in Drones and RPAS.
Our services are focused on a simple expression: SAFETY SERVICES. The offer for the drone industry developed by Alter Technology experts’ intent to cover the whole range of the existing needs in the market to perform a safe operation. These SAFETY SERVICES are divided into 3 original categories: functional safety, operational safety, and product safety.
Alter Technology Drones Experts in ALTER have extensive expertise in the sector; participation in national and international projects and different Standardization and Normalization Workgroups provide the Team a strong knowledge in the fields.
AIRWATCH – Marine Search and Rescue System based on a Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) (2016-2019):
AIRWATCH is an R&D project, funded by the FEDER INNTERCONECTA 2016 program from Spanish CDTI (Centro para el Desarrollo Tecnológico Industrial), and it was performed by a consortium of companies and research centers which aimed to develop a Marine Search and Rescue system based on a Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS). This RPAS intends to be an additional and complementary means to those typically deployed by the Rescue Services, improving the efficacy and safety of current Search and Rescue operations.
DREAM – Drones to increase efficiency safety and environmental protection applied to infrastructures maintenance (2018-2021):
Development of drone technologies to increase efficiency, security & safety, and environmental protection related to infrastructure maintenance. 3 different systems will be developed for several inspections activities: Powerlines, Civil infrastructures, and Petrochemical facilities
TRACE – Smart drone EGNOS-based beacon for U-SPACE (2019 – 2021):
This project is led by Alter and funded by the GSA. The consortium is also integrated by CATEC, PILDO, and UNIFLY. The aim of this project is the development of a smart drone beacon for efficient remote identification, considering the future U-space and its related services.
RPS Core Layer Standardisation (2021):
This project, led by Airbus DS, aims to develop a standardization framework the Remote Pilot Stations Core Layer, for MALEs (Medium Altitude, Long Endurance). This is a Military Project funded by the European Defence Agency (EDA) and lays the foundations for the future MALEs standardization framework.
Alter Drones’ experts also participates in different Standardization Committees and Workgroups of this sector such as:
- ASD-STAN D5 WG8: “Autonomous Flying”. This WG in charge of the development of the Harmonised Standards for the Drone Market inside the European Union.
- CTN 28/SC 2 UAS: “Unmanned Aeronautical Systems”. Normalization Technical Committee – AENOR (Spain).
- ISO/TC 20/SC 16: Unmanned aircraft systems –
- WG 1: General
- WG 2: Product systems. International Organization for Standardization. UAS Technical committee.
- WG 3: Operations and procedures
- WG 5: Testing sites.
- AESA – Advisory Commission. Safety Aviation Spanish Agency – RPAS Workgroup.
- TEDAE – RPAS Workgroup. Spanish Association of Defence, Aeronautics and Space Technologies.
- EDA – RPAS ATI Industry Exchange Platform. European Defence Agency.
- We are a renowned Company with more than 30 years in the aerospace sector, offering quality services to our Clients.
- Our enthusiastic and passionate experts designed the best drones services with commendable dedication and professionalism.
- The objective is clear about it; provide trust and assurance in our working line.