What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer when you gain access to certain websites. Among other things, cookies allow a website to store and recover information on the browsing habits of his/her computer. Depending on the information they contain and the way the User makes use of his/her computer, they can be used to recognize the anonymous User.
Cookies are only associated with an anonymous user and his/her computer and do not provide any references that allow the Users personal data to be deduced.
Types, purpose, and operation of cookies in general
1. Types of cookies according to the period of time they remain active
Depending on the period of time they remain active on the Users terminal equipment, we can distinguish between:
Session cookies: These cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website.
They are often used to store information that is only worth keeping to provide the service requested by the User on one single occasion (e.g., a list of purchased products).
Persistent cookies: In these cookies, data remain stored on the device and can be accessed and processed over a defined period of time determined by the entity responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
2. Types of cookies according to the entity managing them
Depending on the identity of the entity managing the server or domain that is sending the cookies and processing the data obtained, we can distinguish between:
First-party cookies: Cookies that are sent to the Users terminal equipment from a server or domain managed by the publisher itself and provides the user with the requested service.
Third-party cookies: Cookies that are sent to the Users terminal equipment from a server or domain that is not managed by the publisher but by another entity that processes the data obtained through these cookies.
3. Types of cookies according to their purpose
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through the cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical cookies: Cookies that allow the user to browse through a website, platform, or application and use the different options or services found on it. These could include, for example, controlling traffic and data communications, identifying the session, gaining access to restricted access areas, recording the elements included in an order, carrying out a purchasing process of an order, requesting registration for or taking part in an event, using security elements whilst browsing, storing contents for video and sound streaming or sharing content through social networks.
- Customization cookies: Cookies allow the user to access the service with some pre-defined general settings based on a series of criteria in the Users terminal. These could include, for example, the language, the type of browser through which the User gains access to the service, the regional configuration used to gain access to the service, etc.
- Analytical cookies: Cookies that allow the entity responsible for them to track and analyze the behavior of users on the websites they are linked to. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure websites, applications or platforms, and to create browsing profiles for users of these websites, applications, and platforms to make improvements based on data analysis regarding the User’s use of the service.
- Advertising cookies: Cookies that allow for the most effective management possible of any advertising space the publisher has included on a website, application, or platform from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the content published or the frequency with which advertisements are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: Cookies that allow for the most effective management possible of any advertising space the publisher has included on a website, application, or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store behavioral data on a User, obtained through continuous observation of his/her browsing habits, which enables the development of a specific profile to display tailored advertising.
What types of cookies does this website use in particular?
Definition, identification, and purpose of cookies used on this website are not excluded by the Law on Information Society Services (LSSI, for its initials in Spanish).
- Analytical cookies: These cookies are processed by third parties and by us. They allow us to quantify the number of users and measure and statistically analyze the use Users make of the service offered. To do so, they analyze how Users browse through our website to improve the range of products or services we provide.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are processed by third parties and by us. They allow for the most effective possible management of the range of advertising space on the website, adapting the advertising content to the services requested and the use made of our website. To this end, we may analyze the Users Internet browsing habits, and we may show User advertisements that are tailored to his/her browsing profile.
Table of cookie identification and purpose
The publishers name and the name, type, and purpose of the cookie.
ALTER TECHNOLOGY TÜV NORD, S.A.U. reminds its website Users that cookies may be subject to their acceptance during the installation or update of the browser being used.
This acceptance may be revoked through the browsers content and privacy settings. ALTER TECHNOLOGY TÜV NORD, S.A.U. Recommends that its Users should refer to their browsers help page or access the support websites of the main browsers:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
- Other browsers: please refer to the documentation of the browser you have installed.